Wisconsin Child & Adult Care
Food Program (CACFP)

Give children the nutritious meals they need during their critical developing years, and help them develop good eating habits that follow them into their adult years.

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally funded program sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). As a licensed or certified child care provider, the program provides you with financial reimbursement for serving nutritious meals and snacks to kids in your care.

Get Started Today!


Schedule a meeting with a monitor and learn about how the food program works.

Find a sponsor that administers the Food Program in your county.

Frequently Asked Questions about CACFP


How does participation in the CACFP benefit a provider?


What children can be claimed on the food program?


How much paperwork is involved and how often?


What happens if I am not in compliance with the regulations when a representative visits?


Do I have to offer an iron fortified infant formula (IFIF)?


What if a parent refuses to enroll their child?


When do I have to obtain a diet statement?


Where can I find menus, recipes, and other resources?


How do I sign up?

Participation Requirements


Maintain regulation (license or certification)


Daily: Record the meals you serve and the children that ate it. The meals must meet the meal pattern requirements.


Monthly: Submit meal counts and new enrollment forms to your local agency to receive your reimbursement.


Yearly: Attend a CACFP training session or complete a home study packet.


Yearly: Enroll the children in your care.


Three Times Yearly: Meet with a CACFP monitor in your home to receive support, new education materials, and updates on program regulations.


In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Reimbursement Rates


Get reimbursed for providing nutritious meals! If you are serving breakfast, lunch, and a snack to just six children for 21 care days during a month you can be reimbursed between $3,084 and $6,592 per year.

The two rates for food program reimbursement are Tier I and Tier II.

Tier I day care homes are those that are located in low-income areas, or those in which the provider's household income is low enough to qualify. Tier II homes are those family day care homes which do not meet the location or provider income criteria for a tier I home. The provider in a tier II home may elect to have the sponsoring organization identify income-eligible children, so that meals served to those children who qualify for free and reduced price meals would be reimbursed at the higher tier I rates.

Maximum Household Income
to Qualify for Tier I

Household Size

Monthly Income

















  • For each additional Household Member add $8,399


2023-2024 Reimbursement Rates


Tier I

Tier II










CACFP Meal Patterns Requirements


Serving meals that meet the CACFP requirements is easy! Check out these guides:

CACFP Child Meal Pattern

USDA Child Meal Pattern

CACFP Infant Meal Pattern

USDA Infant Meal Pattern